We call for contributions covering a wide array of accounting and auditing topics, such as:
- Accounting and organizational change (in public and/or private sector)
- Accounting for a circular economy
- Accounting, auditing and sustainability reporting
- Accountants, Auditors and careers
- Accounting digitalization and automation in and between firms and client organizations
- New and emerging roles and identities within accounting and auditing
- Performance measurement systems
- Management accounting and control
- Project accounting (e.g., budgeting, risk management, evaluation)
- Accounting and valuation
We welcome papers and contributions that are conceptual and/or empirically grounded. Novel and critical contributions are of course more than welcomed.
Our ambition is that the accounting track becomes a standing track that includes but also extends beyond the next upcoming NFF conference in 2024. This implies that we aim to organize at least one track per NFF conference for at least two consecutive NFF conferences. In addition, we also consider to supplement with other activities, e.g.:
- Standing Track meetings/activities in between NFF conferences, focusing on young researchers (e.g. offering a NFF PhD course, early-careers workshops, and scholarships for postdocs…)
- Collect and distribute information about conferences and Nordic research funding opportunities relevant to the members of the track.
- Stimulate research collaboration among the members of the track.
- Create and maintain a map of major Nordic research projects within the research theme covered by the track.
We are looking forward to seeing you all at the upcoming NFF conference in beautiful Reykjavik, Iceland in August 2024!