The course was organized on Zoom by KTH Royal Insititute of Technology (Sweden) in April – June, 2021.
Digital research methods are opening up possibilities to conduct research in new ways. Scholars have recently started to observe these opportunities across the social sciences in general and in industrial economics and business research in particular. As it is clear that digital methods will enable new research opportunities for our fields, a number of digital methods are currently being explored.
This course aims to provide students with an introduction and overview of the method of Digital Media Analytics and how it has, and can be, applied in industrial economics and business research. More specifically, the course covers the following aspects:
- The emergence of Digital Media Analytics in industrial economics and business research
- Data collection using Digital Media Analytics
- Data preparation using Digital Media Analytics
- Data analysis using Digital Media Analytics
- Different forms of research contributions that Digital Media Analytics enable